RLI provides laser safety testing and classification of laser, LED, UV and IR products and components to global laser/LED safety regulations.
Laser measurements are based on any of the following applicable standards:
- The ANSI Z136.1 standard for Safe Use of Lasers
- FDA/CDRH Laser Product Performance Standard (21 CFR)
- IEC 60825 series of standards
RLI will perform the necessary testing and radiation measurements required to determine classification and prepare the required CDRH and/or IEC 60825 reports. IEC 60825 reports can be used to support the “CE Mark” for the European marketplace.
Appropriate laser output measurements will be performed under normal operation and single component fault conditions for the purpose of radiation and product classification. Testing can be performed in our laser laboratory or on-site.
- Power / Pulse Energ
- Pulse Duration and Response Rate
- Angular Subtense
- Laser Beam Profiles
- Near Field or Far Field Beam Divergence
- Diameter of Focused Beams
- Diameter of Gaussian Beams (1/e and 1/e²)
- Source size and location
- Various shapes: Elliptical, Rectangular and others
- Near Gaussian Beam Profiles with M2
For more information regarding our Laser Testing Laboratory, please contact us via email or call a consulting representative at (800) 94-LASER.