Advanced Medical Laser Safety
Note: Students will receive an email with login instructions within 1-2 business days after the order is processed.
Course PreviewPlay Course Preview
Length: 135 Minutes (193 slides)
California Board of Registered Nursing Provider Number CEP16357 has awarded this course 2.4 CEC’s. AAHP has awarded this course 2 CE Credits (2017-00-092). ABIH has previously awarded CM credit for this event. The current event contains 2 hour which can be claimed for .334 CM Credit. This course is eligible for .2 Recertification points BCSP Category 7. The BLS has awarded this course .5 CM points (106-34488).
This program is divided into a Physics Module and a Medical Devices Module. The Physics Module introduces students to the properties and physics of laser light. The Medical Devices Module focuses how laser light interacts with different absorbers in tissue with a variety of different medical lasers and delivery systems. It also looks at the key specialties utilizing this technology.
- Medical Devices
- Beam and Non-Beam Hazards
- Laser Safety Policies and Procedures
- Discuss basic laser science as the foundation for staff, Laser Operators, Laser Users and/or Laser Safety Officers.
- Identify the components of commonly used medical lasers and their delivery systems.
- Determine the beam and non-beam hazards associated with medical laser systems.
- Describe the significance of the ANSI Z136.3 standard to all clinical environments utilizing laser devices.
- Describe what control measures are needed for beam and non-beam hazards to ensure safe practice.
- Understand how to apply international, national, state, and local regulatory and non- governmental standards to facility safety programs.
- Discuss how a laser safety program shall be established within one’s facility.