Basic Medical Laser Safety
Note: Students will receive an email with login instructions within 1-2 business days after the order is processed.
Course PreviewPlay Course Preview
Length: 74 Minutes (81 slides)
California Board of Registered Nursing Provider Number CEP16357 has awarded this course 1.2 CEC’s. AAHP has awarded this course 1 CE Credits (2017-00-093). ABIH has previously awarded CM credit for this event. The current event contains 1 hour which can be claimed for .167 CM Credit. This course is eligible for .1 Recertification points BCSP Category 7. The BLS has awarded this course .25 CM points (106-34475).
This medical laser safety awareness course is for those who are new to the field. At the end of the course you will understand basic laser science and be able to identify the components of commonly used medical lasers and their delivery systems.
- Properties of Laser Light
- Beam and Nonbeam Hazards
- Safety Control Measures
- Discuss basic laser science as the foundation for a laser safety program.
- Determine the eye and skin beam hazards associated with medical laser systems and their safety controls.
- Discuss proper selection of and care for laser safety eyewear.
- Discuss electrical hazards associated with laser use.
- Understand how Laser Generated Airborne Contaminants (LGAC) are controlled during laser surgery.
- Identify the safety protocols required to prevent surgical fires during laser use.
- Describe the significance of the ANSI Z136.3 standard to all clinical environments utilizing laser devices.