Note: Students will receive an email with login instructions within 1-2 business days after the order is processed.
Course Preview Play Course Preview
Length: 00:31:00 (61 slides)
AAHP has awarded this course 1 CEC (2017-00-096). The BLS has awarded this course .25 CM points (106-34436).
This three module introductory level course provides an overview of laser safety for personnel in and around the working environment with enclosed high powered laser systems as well as low powered visible lasers.
It is based upon the ANSI Z136.1-2014 Safe Use of Lasers Standard published by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), along with relevant Federal (CDRH & OSHA) and State requirements.
- Introduction - A brief explanation of the course materials and the contents of the e-Learning modules.
- Module 1: Basics of Lasers and Laser Safety - Explains the basics of lasers, the nature of laser hazards, and the types of injuries that can be caused by lasers.
- Module 2: Laser Classifications and Safety Features - Explains laser hazard classifications and the safety features required for laser products.
- Module 3: Laser Safety in the Workplace - Explains laser safety in the workplace and laser safety programs.
- To better understand laser safety and to learn where to get more information
- To be able to identify a laser
- To be able to identify laser safety procedures
- To be able to list laser hazards
Course Enrollment Terms and Conditions:
Once payment is received, the purchaser will receive an email with a link that says, "PLAY COURSE". The course is activated by clicking on this link and confirmation is sent to RLI along with the name of the student. The student will then have 7 days to view and complete the training course and exam, if desired.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, the student must pass the quiz at the end of the course. If you do not wish to take the quiz, please let us know upon purchase. Only one certificate will be provided for each course seat purchased.
When the course is purchased after normal business hours, an email notification will be sent the following business day.
This course can be customized to your specific needs.
For more information about customization, please contact a training representative via email or call us at (800) 94-LASER.
Site Licensing in Multiple Languages
This course is available for site licensing in multiple languages. In addition to English, translations are available in Spanish, Portuguese, German, Korean and Chinese.
For more information, please contact a training representative via email or call us at (800) 94-LASER.